Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Asset Management Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") believes that it is the Company's social responsibility to protect personal information and endeavors to develop the internal system for handling personal information properly and to promote awareness of personal information protection among employees of the Company. The Company reviews the Policy as appropriate according to development of IT technology and / or change of social needs on personal information protection, continuously improves its implementation.
- 2-1.The Company will acquire personal information to the extent necessary for the accomplishment of the purposes of business use in an appropriate and lawful manner.
・In case of recording telephone conversation in order to respond to the enquiry from the client.
- 2-2.The Company will only use the personal information to the extent necessary for the accomplishment of the purposes listed in Section 3-1 below, and should not use for the other purposes.
- 2-3.The Company will endeavor to keep up the accurate and latest personal information to the extent necessary for the accomplishment of the purposes of business use.
- 2-4.The Company will safely manage the personal information for the purposes of business use with a necessary security measure so that leakage, loss, or the like, regarding personal information may not occur.
- 2-5.The Company will handle the personal information for the purposes of business use in an appropriate manner in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, in case the Company provides the personal information to a third party.
- 2-6.The Company will properly and promptly responds to complaints regarding handling of personal information.
- 2-7.The Company will handle personal information in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant laws and regulations.
3. Purposes of Use
4. Procedures for Management of Personal Information
4-1. Measures for Security Control of Personal Information
The Company sets up personal information manager to promote company-wide protection of personal information, establishes internal regulations for the protection of personal information and secures proper handling of the personal information at the relevant departments in which these data is processed.
4-2.Disclosure of Personal Information to a Third Party
The Company will not disclose personal information to a third party except in cases that fall under any of the following situations:
- (1) Where personal information is disclosed with the consent of the person concerned,.
- (2) Where the disclosure of personal data is required by the law,.
- (3) Where the handling of personal information is entrusted to a third party to the extent necessary for achieving the objectives of use, or.
- (4) Where the disclosure of personal data is allowed by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
When entrusting an external entity with the handling of client's personal information in (3) listed above, the Company will carry out the appropriate and necessary supervision of the external entity to which the handling of personal information is entrusted in order to ensure the safekeeping of such information.
4-3.Joint Use of Personal Information
The Company may use personal information jointly with Sompo Holdings, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the "Holdings Company") and its group companies for the purpose of business management within the following scope.
(Items of Personal Data jointly used)
- The personal data of the shareholders of the Holdings Company and its group companies: The shareholder's name, address, number of the holding shares, etc.
- The personal data which the Holdings Company and its group companies retain:
- The customer's name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, gender, date of birth and other information regarding the client's transactions such as the contract information on proposal forms and the contents regarding insured events.
(Scope of the Group Companies, which will jointly use Personal Data)
- Please refer to the Holdings Company's website regarding the scope of the group companies, which will jointly use personal data.
(The Name of the Entity Responsible for the Management of the jointly used Personal Data)
4-4.Matters regarding the Personal Data retained by the Company
- (1) The name of the business entity handling the personal information data:
Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Asset Management Co., Ltd.
- (2) Purposes of use of all the personal data: as listed in Sectiont3-1 above.
- (3) Procedures for accepting request by a person for the disclosure of the personal data of the person: as listed in Section 4-5 below.
- (4) The contact desk for complaint regarding management of personal data retained by the Company: as listed in Section 5-1 below.
4-5.Procedures for Requesting the Disclosure of Personal Information
The Company will properly respond to a request from a clients for disclosure, correction and suspension of use of his or her retained personal data based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. As for the request for disclosure, correction and suspension of use of the personal data, submission of the identification document of the requesting person is necessary for entering the procedure. A fee of \2,000 (including consumption tax) will be collected for requesting disclosure of the personal data.
For further inquiries, please contact to the below.
- 5-1.Please direct your inquiry, referral and / or complain about the Company's handling of personal information to:
Corporate Planning Department
Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Asset Management Co., Ltd.
Kyoritsu Nihonbashi Building
2-16, Nihonbashi 2-chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0027 Japan
The Company is a member of both the Investment Trusts Association and the Japan Investment Advisers Association which are authorized personal information protection organizations approved by the Finance Services Agency. Both of the Associations will receive complaints and provide consultation with respect to its members' handling of personal information.
Contact for complaints and consultation